Monday 29 August 2011

A New Beginning

Didn't realize it's more than 2 months since the last posting.  Call it procrastination or simply, I am not the blogging kind.  I have actually found providing periodic status updates via my FB account an easier and definitely more accessible task than logging on to my blog. 

My 6-month break will officially end on 31 August.  Will be moving on to a new division within the same organization.  Old ties will be renewed with some colleagues whom I have worked together many years ago; new ties will be forged - both with younger colleagues as well as the veterans. 

I was asked if I have resolved the "issues" which have prompted my request for the 6-month break.  I thought about them - maybe not long and hard enough - and still find no ready answers.  But I am certain that there have to be changes in the way I approach things and people otherwise the so-called "issues" may return to haunt me one way or another.  My Pulau Ubin jaunt two weekends ago with a good friend gave me an opportunity to leverage some psychometric tools that may hopefully help to raise my Relationship Awareness quotient and understand my motivational value systems as well as those of the people whom I will be relating with. So I am countng on the Strength Deployment Inventory and Portrait of Personal Strengths assessement tests to help make a difference in this new journey.

A "new" beginning - in a new division, new work scope, new colleagues and partners - hopefully can contribute to the ongoing re-potting and rejuvenation process of intellectual & professional development while the SDI/POPS tests hopefully can help with the self-discovery journey.  The good habits & interests developed during the past 6 months (household chore exercise, cooking/baking, nature walks, kite flying) will definitely enhance the ongoing self-renewal process.

It's been a great 6 months of rest, rejuvenation and renewal.  Time to move on or turbo on? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment