Monday 21 February 2011

Clearing Leave

The prelude to any vacation is always fraught with frantic efforts to clear backlogs, a mad rush to beat looming deadlines and doing hand-overs.

It's a mixed feeling - on one hand, I am grateful that colleagues are leaving me out of the loop of things; on the other hand, i am frustrated by the assumption that I am already in a "holiday mood" hence will not take it lightly to be loaded with never-ending assignments.

For someone who has been constantly and intensely involved, it certainly takes some getting used to - the fact that at some point, I must let go. And that point is fast approaching.

Or maybe it's already here, now.

Maybe it's a good thing after all. With this closure, I can begin the next episode or stage in my life.

There will be many more short bursts of a vacation ahead, followed by or interspersed with exciting pit stops to rejuvenate myself, and then to finally seek to relaunch my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment