Monday 28 February 2011

Lost & Found: A Matter of Perspective

What a way to begin Day 1 of my long vacation!
 
There you are, right at the top right hand side!
This Adidas jacket was instrumental in me getting my favorite Nike windbreaker back into operation!
Oh no, not again! Where is the zipper?









Got you back, finally!

I almost sent this purple Nike windbreaker to the recycling bin because for some strange reason, I thought I have lost the zipper - a small yet most critical part of the jacket.  This morning, as I was putting away all the folded clothes, I thought the same thing has happened to my Adidas jacket too.  Somehow, by some strange stroke of "fortune" or serendipity, I looked up and right at the corner, I saw the missing zipper!  I quickly pulled out my Nike windbreaker and there it was!  To think that I have rummaged through every corner of the house as well as the washing machine to look for it...it was there all along!

I like to think that this little incident is a reminder - to learn to see things from another perspective and not to give up too easily.  It's really about a shift of an angle and not to let the subconscious assumptions mislead us into viewing and seeing things from only one way.

No comments:

Post a Comment