Friday 25 February 2011

Report Card


Just submitted my annual report card hours ago - the official one. The 1-page should be done by Sat I hope. And then with that, I am ready to take a pit stop before embarking on the next stage of my career road.

Gist of my report card

What have I done well?
  • Maybe being available and on constant look out for colleagues and staff
  • Giving my best to every task, assignment, paper or proposal I have to vet or provide guidance/counsel to
  • Successfully pushed for the set up of a new unit
What am I proud of?
  • Guts to push ahead with appointing a younger, prefer-to-work-behind-the-scene colleague
  • Support to colleagues when they need to make career-changing decisions
  • Abiding by my principles and values even if it means breaking the heart and faith of someone who invested much in grooming and developing me
  • Developing a clear understanding and conviction of my role rather than focusing on achieving whatever tasks that come my way

What I did not do so well
  • Being sensitive to staff's need to enter the inner circle of trust; their need to be engaged, informed and consulted
  • Resolving the unspoken faultline and tension with peers; rebuilding relationships
  • Speaking up to clarify expectations and to persuade and influence buy-in to my intended focus and approach in my first year in this new role.

No comments:

Post a Comment