Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Japan Quake, Tsunami & Nuclear Crisis 2011

I went through extensive lengths and efforts to draw up an itinerary to US which I thought was perfect in terms of price, timing and transit stops and guess what?  These efforts and plans came to a nought as a result of a freak devastating earthquake and nuclear crisis in Japan last Friday.

As a result, my travel plans to Orlando have to be hastily changed.  The dates of travel now need to be changed.  Hotels to be re-booked.  Longer waiting time at the first transit with hardly enough time to pick up luggage for the connecting flight from Newark to Orlando.

However, instead of griping and groaning, I should learn from the stoic and calm attitude of the Japanese.  Take all these disruptions in my stride and learn to appreciate that these pale by comparison to the crises and tragedies that have unfolded throughout Japan.  Also, perhaps it's time to learn how to respond to unplanned situations and still maintain a positive and optimistic attitude.  After all, this is supposed to be a vacation, to be enjoyed and savoured.  I should learn to take the travelling time as part of the vacation and enjoy the journey.

I can only pray for God's grace and mercy to shine upon this land and stop the nuclear crisis from worsening.  My sincere prayers that there will not be another major quake to throw the country into further disarray.

No comments:

Post a Comment