Tuesday 22 March 2011

My first overseas vacation since 28 Feb

It must be pre-vacation jitters...had a real scare when I couldn't pull out my approved ESTA application just now.  I guess it's the worrywart in me that is causing all stiff shoulders and tension headaches...

I should learn to relax and rest, put my trust in the One Up There and just go with the flow.  Come what may, it's really about learning to think and act on our feet and having a clear, calm and peaceful mind to handle whatever spanners or disruptions that may come our way. 

A journey is meant to be experienced.  While we would want things to run clocklike and efficiently (as do most Singaporeans), disruptions or unexpected happenings will all add to the overall experiences of overseas travelling. 

A holiday is meant to be savoured and enjoyed.  I should be looking forward to the Disney magic and exploration of the US.  Granted that it's not my favorite country - due to its complex security measures and the long arduous journey to reach that destination - I should bear in mind that this being the first US trip for my sister and colleague, I should do my best to make it a fun and fantastic one for all of us.

Of all the things that I have trying to include in my travel checklist, I must remember to bring the following along:
  • A healthy dose of Humor
  • Plenty of Patience and Tolerance
  • Complete Trust in the One Up There
  • A Calm and Clever Mind to deal with the unexpected
  • A sense of Wonder, Imagination and Delight in order to enjoy and appreciate the Disney magic

Orlando, Florida: here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment